Working for Oxford Nanopore
Oxford Nanopore is seeking a strong Senior Web Developer (back-end) to join the Company’s Informatics group, also working in an interdisciplinary culture. In this role you will be developing user interface and web services for Oxford Nanopore’s single molecule analysis platform, specifically for the applications of DNA/RNA sequencing and protein analysis.
The role will suit self-motivated candidates who are passionate about innovation and will welcome the chance to work in a fast-paced, agile environment. No biotechnology background is required.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Further development of all aspects of the user interface of Oxford Nanopore’s technology platform, GridION, for the analysis of DNA, RNA or proteins
- Design and development of GridION web services
- Work with our design and development team to integrate design templates and translate design to live sites
- Work closely with internal and external customer representatives
- Mentor SCRUM team members and lead projects
Required skills and background:
- Python Web development (including web services)
- Experience in development of highly interactive web interfaces (maps, trace viewers)
- BS in Computer Science or similar; MS or Ph.D. is an advantage.
- Clear communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Candidates should be able to display innovative and creative design ability
- Team oriented, self-motivated and ability to cope with fast-paced environment
- Experience with SQL, SOAP, REST, HTML and CSS
- Proven ability to work efficiently with version control system and Linux
- Experience with agile development methodologies (e.g. SCRUM)